This stability running shoe dropped more than an ounce from its predecessor but retained enough ride and comfort. An external Heel Clutching System consists of an external heel counter that improves support and heel fit by locking it into place. The shoe’s Biomorphic Fit® upper consists of stretch materials strategically placed to help reduce buckling and potential irritation. Serving a similar function is the Personal Heel Fit™ (PHF) system of two-layer memory foam that lines the heel collar and helps personalize its fit. The medial (inner) side of the midsole includes ASICS’ DuoMax® Support System, dual-density foam cushioning that is designed to reduce excess pronation (when the foot rolls significantly inward after heelstrike). On the outsole is ASICS’ Space Trusstic System®, which is a plastic plate in the midfoot that mimics the connective tissue of the foot by generating energy as the foot moves through the stride.
- Weight: 11.5 ounces (men’s size 9)
- The Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®) links components to enhance the foot’s natural gait.
- Guidance Line vertical flex groove lets tooling on outsole work independently.
- A ComforDry™ Sockliner lends cushioning and anti-odor properties.
- Running Surface: Road/Indoor
- Miles Run per Week: 0-5 mi, 11-15 mi, 16-20 mi, 21-30 mi, 6-10 mi, Over 30 mi
- Cushioning: GEL® Cushioning System
- Technology: Dynamic DuoMax®, Guidance Line™, I.G.S.® (Impact Guidance System)
- Weight: 11.5 oz